Oh hi, Viv here (vivien.tanshihui@gmail.com)

Friday 16 August 2013



(That's Miss Hew thurd from the left! )
Met up for a mini farewell dinner for Wei Ting, she's flying this Sunday
It's amazing to have been in AEP in the first place. Whenever I think back about my journey through my sec 4 life all the way till now, I still can't believe that I'm where I am today. My education path has indeed been a miracle and being in AEP is another. Never would I have dreamt that I'll be doing something like this, having the chance to meet people with the same passion, belonging to a place whereby I feel understood and supported. Yknow how art makes you think alot about life and everything else. Even those who don't plan to do art in the future, like example Jun Kai. He doesn't put off the questions I ask him about my assignments. Having not using that part of his brain for so long, I would have guessed he would say something like 'Siao think so much for what' He didn't at all and could even engage and help. So I'm thankful that these people understand why art students think a certain way, why we question certain things and it's not cause we want answers, we just want some sort of enlightenment I guess. Haha this doesn't mean we have deep stressful conversations during dinner, it was actually a good mix of both. I had so much fun just laughing at and with them, reliving all the moments in the art room where we'd do silly things. We were actually revealing all our 'secrets' that we kept from our teacher. Like how my friends sneaked to a red light district in the middle of the night in Melbourne (while on AEP trip) with my guy friend being dressed in a girl's v-neck top scarf leather jacket and make up. Or like how they sneaked out of coursework time to watch Harry Potter, how we have 7 meals a day. We really eat like monsters and I think it's cause we were very bored of doing our work and we make excuses to eat haha. 

I miss having a class like this for 2 years, never get bored of seeing their faces everyday. They really funny people. LIKE THE REAL DEAL FUNNY, LAUGHING FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART KINDA FUNNY. People that make you go 'HAHAHAHA' I love their sense of humor, I fit and clique with this bunch I wished I could call family. I guess being like minded helps. We're lazy but yet not lazy in the things we love, we have the same priorities and we know what we want. I remember when it was near submission day, we had to sleep over in school, me and Theresa entered the Mac lab to find Adeline sleeping on the floor on top of nicely laid sheets of newspaper. So she literally laid a bed of newspaper for herself to sleep on. I wonder what makes her think that sleeping on newspaper is any cleaner than sleeping on the floor. My art teachers really care for us alot and I wonder how they have the heart to be there for all their students every year. Just seems like they never do run out? And when I meet seniors in ADM whom I've never met in JC before, we're still nice warm and friendly. And I believe it's really the teachers who set the culture of the school you're in, esp to Miss Hew haha everybody loves her cause she's really very motherly and loving towards us. Hahahaha I miss them so so much but sadly it's something that can never happen again? That's the thing about memories, you keep them but somehow the magnitude and the impact of things fade with time. I think the least I can do is capture things visually and when looking back together, we can reminisce and share the same joy

I miss you guys :/
All the best Wei Ting! You amazingly talented girl, you'll do great
We all believe in you <3

No comments:

Post a Comment