Oh hi, Viv here (vivien.tanshihui@gmail.com)

Tuesday 20 August 2013

I shot a stranger today
Her name is Helen
And we're stranger no more

Got to shoot Helen today for an assignment which requires us to photograph a stranger in black and white film, 12 shots. She's an exchange student in NTU,German and stand at 180cm tall :) What I really wanted out of this project was to make a friend and I thought it'll be good if I could photoshoot an exchange student cause they're new here and probably wouldn't mind more friends.
 And this turned out to be a greaaat decision, I actually used all 36 shots hoo-ray. 

Honestly, I was a little afraid doing this cause I've never worked with a complete stranger before I think? And it was quite a challenge cause I don't even know what I wanted from the photos. But what I hoped was that her personality would shine through the shots I had of her. Hahaha cheesy much but true. Well now I'm worried that things may get a little overexposed cause my teacher made us use the 400 ISO b&w film. But haha who knows?
The beauty of flim. 

She has never done a shoot before so I'm honoured that I'm the first photographing her. Thanks to Pei and Chiewy for introducing me to Helen! I'm so glad I met Helen today cause after the shoot we were just hanging out and having lunch. We even met at night at Jurong point to help her settle some stuff she needed. Really glad I got to meet you today Helen!

No comments:

Post a Comment