Oh hi, Viv here (vivien.tanshihui@gmail.com)

Friday 6 December 2013



"No description will make another see the subtle, elusive colors, as they shift and change with each hour of the day; no word picture will make another feel the dizzy heights, the sublimity, and the grandeur of it all."

Time is one of the most powerful things in the world, having the ability to change even the strongest and biggest body of nature in the world. Like no matter how massive, grand and stout a canyon is, it’s a constant victim of change. With every year or every rainfall comes a new crack or cranny or nook that weren't there before. Time mercilessly strips bits and pieces of these majestic ravines and adds details on its own accord so that even a regular visitor of the canyon will never see the exact same structure twice.


Was just rushing to compile 3 series of work of my choice to submit to school and thank goodness Kev replied to help me with resizing of my PDF file cause it was waaay too big. Hahaha it was more than triple the size mentioned. It was super funny cause suddenly 2 seniors whatsapp-ed me, one laughing his head off cause of the crazy file size while the other was more concerned hahahaha. But anyways it was a funny moment and thanks for alerting me about it :> 

Decided to submit this as one body of work, it's a series of 5 but these 2 are my favourites. It's actually caves made out of paper! It's not meant to be obvious so I hope I succeeded in that. I made these for my A'level art final pieces so it's nice having to rake them up again and think about how I was feeling back then doing this. Gives me a warm fuzzy feeling all over again. 

This was my toughest piece of work I've done, mentally. Haha it was quite a struggle for me doing this because I think my teachers weren't very clear of what I wanted or was talking about. Neither did I know for sure what my end product would be. And I guess this leaving this open is a good thing? For me it is cause I like the process and how whatever I do in the midst of building my project really does shape my eventual work. I don't like to have a concrete end in mind cause I feel that I'm bluffing myself with the process if I do that. My preparatory work for this series looks completely different from the final. Although many would prefer my process boards, I think I like them both hahaha. Cause without the process I would have never ended up with this, somehow. 

Enough ranting, gonna have some food cause I'm finally hungry 
It's odd cause eating hasn't been making me happy, not even caifan 
It's a terrible feeling :/


No comments:

Post a Comment