Oh hi, Viv here (vivien.tanshihui@gmail.com)

Tuesday 24 March 2015

E-mails are probably my fav

Woke up to an e-mail from Mr Schaugg and it makes me extremely happy to hear from him so soon despite me taking like 3 weeks to respond to his. I'm not sure how long this would go on for (it's been 3 months) but my e-mails with him mean a lot to me somehow and I hope it goes on for a long time. He's a great inspiration to me just learning from him in my months in Germany. So to still have his input about my work and the way I think really encourages me. This was the last portrait he wanted to make together days before I flew off. I was honoured? In a sense that he wanted a picture with me (but he kept the negative so I only have a scan of it hahah that's alright) and I never had myself on a large format film but yay now I do. I was trying very hard to give an 'artist' face as he calls it because I'm really not used to not smiling, but theres me trying my best

Thanks for investing in me Mr Schaugg, you really inspire me and I believe I'll see you again some day

No comments:

Post a Comment