Oh hi, Viv here (vivien.tanshihui@gmail.com)

Wednesday 19 February 2014

West adventures






My Sunday

I'm finally blogging these now because, I HAVE NO SCHOOL TOMORROW. Hahah have been in need of a days break because I have been rushing for my submission (which was today) Perfect time to have a rest day and stay home to catch up on things. Finally managed to present to my teacher individually because I've not consulted for her the whole month and she has no clue what my project would be about. So it was pretty much a surprise for both parties. After talking to her today, I guess it was a good surprise :') I'm so thankful that I did what I wanted and I'm happy to have done this project with the help of all my friends. Having her approval was bonus to me because even if she didn't like it, I would still say that I do hahaha. 

I think over these semesters in ADM, especially in photography I've learnt how to discover what I truly like and (TRY) not define myself so much by what's academically the best or easier or convenient to do? I'm not saying that I'm the best or anything like that but I am happy with my work and I'm extremely thankful I managed to come up with something because all my ideas for the past month seemed airy and not something I'd feel as confident about. I was so worried that I'd have nothing to show or present honestly. I struggle alot with the thinking process and I usually only execute when I'm extremely sure that this is something worth going for and hence that leaves to the last week of submissions usually. 

I really thank God for His grace and always watching over me giving me favour among people and creative ideas in how I should pull my work through. If you actually looked at my contact prints (draft works) they're all pretty different. And now when I look back, I see how different people talk to me and what may seem like a casual conversation with them, they actually say things that contribute alot to aid my thinking. I remember how Yao Khuan had a random conversation with me and I had to call him immediately to rant. And out of all that ranting, lots of good came out of it. Or like just the friends that surround me that always seem to be such active participants in my entire project. Like from the thinking, to the executing even to the editing and which to put in a series. Ok right now you probably think that I don't have a brain of my own if I seek the advice of everyone, BUT THAT'S NOT THE CASE GUYS. I just have like people around me to confirm what I think or give constructive criticism you know? Hahaha ok all these may seem a little unrelatable just felt like I wanted to share my process while doing this project which definitely wasn't easy at all, but always very rewarding. 

I've been so blessed especially by the people around me which makes my life so beautiful. Really very thankful for all of you. Just thinking about being away from Singapore for 6 months would be rather challenging 

No comments:

Post a Comment